March 2015 California is home to 131 of a record 1,826 billionaires around the world, the Los Angeles Times reports. Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates tops the list again, with personal wealth of nearly $80 million. Oracle founder Larry Ellison is the top Californian on the list with $54.3 billion.
- Current Stock Market Watch/News
- 11 surprising jobs where you can earn more than $100,000 a year
- How Drinking Soda Can Wreak Havoc on Your Skin
- Bill Gates: Try a career in artificial intelligence, energy or bioscience to make an impact
- Do Not Miss The 4 Biggest Risks Facing the Market Today
- Three Ways to Avoid Losing Your Money in the Markets Today
- 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
- What are the Top 5 Products that Make Money Online?
- 3 of the Best Canadian Stocks to Buy Now
- Check These 7 Retirement Blind Spots
Most of the initial stages on the road to wealth involve making sure that you’re moving forward, not slipping backward. Unfortunately, many of us are too consumed by day-to-day life to focus on the countless instances of small-scale back-sliding: completely unnecessary waste, extra money we could have if we just …
Balances in 401(k)s and IRAs have reached record highs, according to new data from Fidelity. But that may not mean much for your retirement. The average 401(k) balance at the end of the first quarter was $91,800, up 0.5 percent from last quarter’s then-record numbers and up 3.6 percent from a year ago, …